Online Maintenance Form
Our Online maintenance form is the best way for you to place a work order with us. Please read the tips below prior to placing your order. this saves both of us time and money and helps us provide the best service possible. (FORM AT BOTTOM)
A couple of things to check before contacting us:
- Furnace Filters – Please clean and replace your furnace filter prior to making a service call to us. Many times the fix is as easy as cleaning or replacing this filter.
- Thermostat Batteries – Many of the newer thermostats use batteries. Keep in mind these must be changed from time to time.
- Electric Furnaces and Heat Pumps – If you are used to gas heat, electric heat is a lot cooler. It is normal for your heat pump to blow air as cool as 80 degrees. This feels cool, but is normal when temperatures fall under 35 degrees. If you desire hotter air all of the times you can run on “emergency heat” setting during exceptionally cool times. This is will increase energy consumption, but make you more comfortable.
- Fire alarm batteries – In our agreement it is your responsibility to test and replace batteries as needed. If you are missing these in your home, please contact us.
- Plugged toilets – Most toilet plugs are a result of using too much toilet paper. Typically this can be plunged or will dissolve after a few hours. Please try this before placing a Work Order. NEVER flush anything that does not dissolve. Face wipes and diaper wipes should never be flushed.
- Plugged sink drains – Most of the time this is a grease problem. NEVER pour grease down the sink. It will thicken when it hits cold water and plug your drain. Very hot water will sometimes clear a grease plug if it is draining at lease slowly. Plunging will help as well.
- Bathroom drains are slow – This is typically a result of hair in the drain. Wal-Mart sells a plastic tool that easily slides into the throat of the drain and pulls the hair out. People with long hair should consider a inexpensive drain screen that is sold at Wal-Mart or any dollar store.
- Septic overflow – Your septic system should work without any particular care as long as it is treated well. Do not use excessive amounts of bleach when on septic. Do not EVER pour grease down the drain, this causes a very expensive breakdown. Most septic tanks are built to handle a certain number of users based on the house size. If you have too many people it causes problems. Lastly, watch out for toilet bypass. This is when water continually runs into your toilet. It will fill the septic tank with water and cause it to overflow.
- Water Heater – For gas water heaters you should check your pilot light. For electric water heaters please check the breaker. Electrical storms can cause breaker to throw even when nothing is wrong.
- Never disassemble or try to fix electrical issues yourself. Electricity can hurt or kill you.
- Be sure to check your breakers to see if you have tripped a breaker prior to calling us about electrical outlets or lights not working. Also, most houses now of days have GFI outlets. These have mini breakers built right onto the outlet. You will find these in your garage, kitchen and bathrooms. They have a reset button and often control several outlets and switches. Please press reset to fix these.
- Electric hair dryers and heaters can easily overload circuits. Never use electric heaters. Be sure your hair dryers are not being used while other large items are on for that circuit.
- Make sure your gutters are clean. Although we never encourage tenants to get on a ladder, it is your responsibility to hire someone to keep the gutters clean. Foundation and threshold leaks are usually caused clogged gutters.
When filling in the information, please be sure to be very detailed about the problem. Make sure you give us contact information that is best to reach you. We will not come out to your house if we cannot get a hold of you. This is important since we may need to bring special tools or parts and we may need to talk to you to find this out.
Inform Us of a Maintenance Issue
Simply fill out the form to the left and we will address your maintenance issue. If it is an emergency that requires immediate attention, please call 770-505-6000.
If this is a life threatening emergency call 911 immediately.
Repair or damage caused by your negligence or misuse is your responsibility. In such cases, repairs will be made, but you will be charged for the cost of the labor and materials. Damages or plumbing stoppages caused by your negligence or misuse will be paid by you.
Release of Key
I understand that if I do not authorize a release of a key to a vendor, I will need to be available to give the vendor access to the property.